Let's talk goal setting for 2013 again. Did you do the first part? Do it before this next part, it won't take long.
And while I'm paraphrasing from Lara's blog, please go read her blog, she writes beautifully and explains everything very well.
She has a great point in this 2nd part: "I am not in control, God is." Meaning: don't beat yourself up if your list from part 1 was a lot of "wish I did" and not a lot of "I did".
Now Steps 4 - 6
STEP FOUR: What are the three biggest lessons you learned from what DID work?
- If I do what I love I will get it done.
- If I communicate with J (and others) on why I want/need to do something the decision doesn't feel like a burden, it feels like a community effort.
- If I can't love myself, I won't see the love others have for me.
STEP FIVE: What are the three biggest things you learned from what DIDN'T work
These are not my answers, they are Lara Casey's and they are perfect. Read them below or here on her blog (scroll down to below Step 5)
1. Worry and stress got you nowhere and just wasted a whole lot of time.
2. Busy is the opposite of happy. Too many projects spreads you thin. Slow down. Don't plan so much this year. Do less and do it very well, with great passion.
3. My favorite Bible verse: He who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins. - James 4:17 Work hard at doing good always. Humble yourself. Give your authentic heart to the people right in front of you.
STEP SIX: What is your 2013 VISION
Lara asked herself these three questions (the answers are mine):
- Where do you want to be when you are 80? Surrounded by family and friends. Proud of my children as they are serving as good citizens of the nation and the Church. More calm and at peace than I am today.
- Why do you do what you do? Because I don't have any tangible things to give. I give what I can, my time (in prayer), my talent (in service and work) and my treasure (which is 10% of my measly paycheck). And I give it all everyone in need. Family, friends, the church, the poor, the stranger, etc.
- What kind of life do you want to live this year? I want to live this year as the best version of myself I can be.
MY VISION FOR 2013:
I cannot give what I do not have; I must pay down loans in order to share more with others.
I cannot give what I do not have; I must pray for patience and compassion in order to give unconditional love to all.
I cannot give what I do not have; must remain a Woman of God striving to be saint-like in order to find what the best version of myself is and I must begin sharing that best version immediately!
There is no right time to do the right thing.
Labels: blog, bloggers, motivation, positive, words of wisdom