West Texas

You might be wondering where in the heck I live now.  I'm in a little town west of Plainview TX and northwest of Lubbock TX.  I'm south of Amarillo and have only a 1 hour drive to New Mexico.  It's a wonderful area known as 'West Texas'.  We all claim one another.  If you were to ask someone from Lubbock if they were from Amarillo they'd say "No, but I have an aunt/sister/brother who lives there".  See?  We're all family out here.  If you need help the people of West Texas will make it happen and by the end of the day the whole town will know your name. 

My mom sent me this beautiful video featuring a photographer's view of West Texas.  I hope you enjoy the video below.  I watched it yesterday morning and it reminded me of what I love about this place.  No buildings, no roads, just God's great earth, wild animals and nature.  NONE of these pictures are of my small town.  But I've been to the Palo Duro Canyon and it is beautiful.  I am definitely in the market for a high end camera so that I can feature my small town as the gem it is.  Enjoy the peace and quiet in this 5 minute video:



Livin' in West Texas in my High Heels!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

high heels and grits: West Texas

Friday, February 15, 2013

West Texas

You might be wondering where in the heck I live now.  I'm in a little town west of Plainview TX and northwest of Lubbock TX.  I'm south of Amarillo and have only a 1 hour drive to New Mexico.  It's a wonderful area known as 'West Texas'.  We all claim one another.  If you were to ask someone from Lubbock if they were from Amarillo they'd say "No, but I have an aunt/sister/brother who lives there".  See?  We're all family out here.  If you need help the people of West Texas will make it happen and by the end of the day the whole town will know your name. 

My mom sent me this beautiful video featuring a photographer's view of West Texas.  I hope you enjoy the video below.  I watched it yesterday morning and it reminded me of what I love about this place.  No buildings, no roads, just God's great earth, wild animals and nature.  NONE of these pictures are of my small town.  But I've been to the Palo Duro Canyon and it is beautiful.  I am definitely in the market for a high end camera so that I can feature my small town as the gem it is.  Enjoy the peace and quiet in this 5 minute video:



Livin' in West Texas in my High Heels!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home